In modern models there is a sensor, if the door is not closed tightly, the refrigerator will inform by issuing a signal. In older models, there is no such sensor, so you need to monitor the door yourself. If such a problem occurs, do not panic. First, check what the reason is:
– The door is not closed because of a foreign object or a protruding container of food. This reason can be easily eliminated on your own. To do this, it is necessary to correctly position the products or to remove the foreign object.
– The technique stands on an uneven surface, so its door is skewed which prevents it from closing tightly. The cause can be eliminated by repositioning the equipment on a hard and level surface.
If everything looks normal, but the refrigerator door does not close tightly, it indicates the presence of a malfunction. What to do? You can try to determine the problem yourself, but it is better to use the services of a service center, which will save nerves and time. Let’s consider the reasons that could be the cause of the failure:
- The sealing rubber is dirty. It is necessary to wash the element well, removing all dirt and grease deposits. The fact is that there are magnets under the seal, which allow the door to stick well. If the rubber band is dirty, it prevents the door from closing tightly.
- the seal is worn out. To fix the breakage, you need to replace the element. During operation, the rubber gets deformed, which over time prevents the refrigerator from closing tightly. The gasket can be replaced by yourself, but you will have to remove the refrigerator door, the main thing is not to damage the body of the refrigerator.
- The spacer is out of order. The element is responsible for opening the door. In many models, it is made of plastic, and in others of metal. The arc can become deformed, burst, or loose. Replacement of the spacer is mandatory.
- The rod is installed incorrectly. When you close the door, it pushes it away from the body. The element needs to be moved a little deeper. It is better to contact a master to adjust the part.
- If the door of the refrigerator does not close tightly, especially in the models of Bosch, it means that the door is deformed. This happens because of the overloading of the door shelves with products. It is enough to adjust it.
- The hinges of the door are worn out. The refrigerator opens tightly, and the door does not press hermetically against the body. If the element is worn out, it is replaced, if not – it is enough to lubricate the parts.
- When buying a refrigeration unit, rarely does anyone measure the level of how it is installed. If it is installed at a slight slope forward, the door automatically opens. You need to level the floor and mount the appliances on a level surface. This should solve the problem.
- The sensor gives a false signal. Such a problem can be encountered by owners of built-in Samsung refrigeration equipment. If the door does not close, but visually no interference can be seen, but the sensor emits a signal perhaps the problem in the sensor itself. It is necessary to disconnect it. How to do this is written in the manual.
To check if the refrigerator door is closing tightly, do a test. Take thin paper, such as a napkin, and put it between the cabinet and the seal. Close the door and pull the cloth. If it tears, it means that the refrigerator closes tightly, if the cloth can be taken out easily, it means that the tightness in the place where the cloth is applied is broken, you need to look for the problem.
Do you want the best Refrigerator Repair in San Diego County? Call us! We are a leading service provider thanks to the excellent quality of work, that our specialists provide. We use only high-quality parts, recommended by the refrigerator producer. Forget about any discomfort, with our friendly and professional team. With us, you get the highest quality service and the friendliest approach. Our highly qualified workers will do everything to make you forget about any problems with your refrigerator. Now, those are our issues.