Removing grease and burnt food residue from the oven is sometimes an almost superhuman task. Fortunately, there are a few tricks that make cleaning much easier. For example, baking soda, vinegar, or lemon juice can help you get a perfectly clean oven.
Clean the oven regularly.
No matter how careful you are, sometimes a little bit of batter or oil gets into the oven during baking. Seemingly small contaminants don’t make much of a difference. But with each baking, greasy splatters and burnt-on residue get bigger and harder to clean.
Therefore, try to clean the oven after each bake. After taking out the baked goods, let the oven cool until it’s warm and wipe it down with a damp cloth.
You may have heard that baking soda, lemon juice or vinegar are great helpers when cleaning your home. And oven cleaning is no exception. Use the proven duo of baking soda and vinegar to remove burnt residue and grease inside the oven. Before cleaning, prepare:
- half a cup of baking soda,
- warm water,
- an old toothbrush with soft bristles,
- gloves for cleaning and a vinegar sprayer.
How to Clean Your Oven?
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Mix the baking soda with water to make a paste-like consistency.
- Using a brush, apply the paste to the walls of the oven and leave it overnight.
- The next day, spray the oven with vinegar – the baking soda paste and vinegar will react and form a foam that loosens the baked-on residue.
- Wipe off the foam with a damp sponge, don’t be afraid to apply a little pressure.
The best way to get rid of fresh grease stains or splatters is with lemon juice. Prepare a baking dish, hot water and one lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Pour hot water into the baking dish, squeeze the juice from the lemon and add the remaining lemon pulp.
- Place the dish in the oven and allow the water and lemon to evaporate.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the oven and keep the door closed. Wipe the oven with a damp sponge.
Grease and dirt also accumulate on the door glass. To clean it, simply use vinegar, baking soda and salt. If you don’t have baking soda, baking powder will also work. And get to cleaning:
- Mix a deciliter of vinegar, a bag of baking soda or baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- The ingredients will begin to react – wait until the mixture stops fizzing.
- Apply the resulting mixture to the glass and leave it for at least an hour.
- Wipe the door with a sponge and clean with water.
An oven is nowadays a thing without which we cannot imagine our lives. Cooking fresh food whenever you need it, warming it up – doesn’t it sound like something really great? Yes, it does. But in the most cases, we don’t realize how nice it is, until our oven breaks down. And then, we have to do something. We have to look for a reliable technician, who will provide not only fast, but a high-quality service. And here is when Oceanside Appliance Repair Service comes to help.
You should call the local oven repair as soon as you notice something strange in the operation of your oven. Does it heat up to slowly or too fast? Does the heating element or the baking element not heat? Or maybe you cannot control the heating process? If your oven doesn’t cook evenly, it is not fine, either. The best option is to call a specialist immediately. Our technicians can fix minor as well as major issues with your oven. Even if your oven is so rare that another such model can be hardly found around, our specialists know how to handle it.
If a problem occurs with an electric oven, it is rather unpleasant. But when there are issues with a gas oven, it might be even dangerous. That’s why, if you suspect leaking or any other malfunction, do not delay. Place an order by calling Oceanside Appliance Repair Service or just fill in the order form online. We know that it is important for you to have your item functioning properly. That is why, our specialists handle 95% of all requests on the same day. Sometimes, you can get the service in the early morning of the same day.