One of the most common reasons to buy a new refrigerator is because the door of the old one has failed. And that’s because the unit fails if your refrigerator door won’t close properly.
The Main Causes Why Your Refrigerator Door Won`t Stay Closed Properly
Before you call North Country Appliance Repair Company for your refrigerator repair, it`s important to figure out the reason why the door won’t close. There may be several reasons:
- The hinges are worn out. If the appliance is hard to close and open, the refrigerator door is stiff even with effort, the hinges have probably not been oiled for a long time and became stiff.
- Forward Tilt. Not much attention is paid to the installation of refrigeration equipment, but if the kitchen floor is uneven and the appliance is tilted forward, it will be difficult to close it tightly. To restore balance, you will either have to level the floor or move the appliance.
- False sensor signal. If the door of the built-in Kitchenaid or Whirlpool refrigerator does not close, but there is no visual defects and no other reasons are found, but the door closing sensor does not silence, it may be faulty. The manual usually tells you how to turn it off. To fix the problem, call us, professionals at North Country Appliance Repair Company.
Tips for proper maintenance
If your refrigerator door is still not closing properly, pay attention to a few simple rules that will help keep your appliances running as long as possible.
- Wipe the gasket regularly, and when it’s completely clean, wash it with mild soap and water and wipe it thoroughly.
- Do not slam the door or hit the gasket when opening it.
- Do not overload the shelves so that the hinges and the entire axle do not become deformed.
- Oil the hinges at least once every 3 years.
- Entrust complex repairs to North Country Appliance Repair team.
By following the basic rules of refrigerator operation and doing preventive cleaning of the gasket, you prolong the life of your refrigerator for a long time.
Our specialist carries out repairs, works carefully in the process, so as not to leave behind any traces of equipment repairs, and not to spoil the appearance. After the repair is completed, our company will back it up with a 90-day labor warranty. If you encounter the same problem during the warranty period, rest assured we will return to get an appliance back up to perfectly working condition.