Most often, this error occurs at the beginning of washing. You press the “Start” button, but instead of the usual set of water the Samsung washing machine gives the code Ed, dE (dE1, dE2), or Door on the display. However, for the first time, the error may occur at any moment of the program cycle.
Also, the error may be additionally accompanied by the following symptoms:
– the washing machine door does not physically close;
– the door of the washing machine closes, but does not lock;
– the washing machine does not open after washing.
In Samsung models without a screen, all-temperature indicators are lit and all mode indicators are blinking.
Codes dE, Door, Ed, dE1, and dE2 mean the same thing – problems with closing or locking the washing machine hatch.
Unfortunately, this code most often signals a malfunction, but in some cases, you can fix the error yourself.
Probable malfunctions that require repair
Based on an impressive database of Samsung brand washing machine repairs performed by North Country Appliance Repair Company technicians, we have identified the most common breakdowns reported by the dE (Door, Ed, etc.) error.
1. The door lock device is malfunctioning
2. The control module – the circuit that controls the washing machine – is broken
3. As a result of wear or mechanical impact (e.g. child riding on the door), the hinge of the washing machine hatch has warped, causing the door to sag and not close.
4. The lock has been damaged
5. Broken wiring between locking device and control module
If you can’t solve the Door, Ed, dE, dE1, or dE2 error yourself, contact the professionals at North Country Appliance Repair Company.
A technician will come at your convenience, determine the exact cause of the error, and, if necessary, make repairs. The technician will check your washing machine after the repair.