A flood in the house, as a rule, can occur due to improper operation of the dishwasher and washing machine. However, the source of leakage can also be refrigeration equipment. Does your unit freeze as usual, but it leaks? What to do in such situations?
To begin with, do not panic. If the refrigerator works, the problem is not very serious.
You need to carefully inspect the unit and determine the cause of its breakdown.
First of all, we determine the place where water is collected. Perhaps the cause of the leak is not in the refrigerator itself, but in damage to the riser or someone just spilled water. But, if the source of water is still in the refrigeration unit, check the following:
– The condition of the freezer. If a thick layer of ice has formed on the walls, then the evaporator heater is most likely broken. Thus, when the chamber is opened due to warm air, the ice coat begins to melt. The bath is not designed for this amount of water, so you see a puddle under your appliances.
– The condition of the refrigerating chamber. If it is dry, there is no ice on the walls, but you see water under the drawers – this means that the drainage pipe is damaged. So, instead of accumulating in a special vessel, the water flows directly to the floor. In addition, there are cases when the water collection tank is damaged.
If water is present both on the floor and in the refrigeration unit itself, there may be many reasons for this:
– Clogged drainage hole, which is located on the back wall of the chamber. In this case, you need to clean the drain.
– Incorrect installation of the refrigerator. If your unit is installed unevenly, its door may not fit, which is why warm air enters the chamber, and it works even harder. The water collector and drainage hole cannot cope with a large volume of water, which causes flooding. Set the position of the camera by level.
– Clogged drainage hole in the freezer. Due to the contamination of the drainage hole, excess moisture does not leave the chamber. To solve this problem, you need to clean the drainage. It is better to entrust such work to the master.
– Wear the rubber seal. Warm air enters the device, which causes it to work harder. A layer of ice forms on the walls of the chamber, as a result of which water appears both at the bottom of the refrigerator and on the floor. The sealing rubber needs to be replaced.
As you already understood, the cause of the leak can be anything. In order to avoid such an unpleasant situation, check the condition of your unit regularly.
Want the best refrigerator repair in San Diego County? Give us a call! We are a leading service provider due to the excellent quality of work performed by our experts. We use only quality parts recommended by the refrigerator manufacturer. Forget about any discomfort with our friendly and professional team. With us, you get the highest quality service and the friendliest approach. Our highly qualified staff will do everything to make you forget about any problems with your refrigerator. Now they are our problems.