There is no definite answer to such a painful question. Many manufacturers indicate the optimal storage t for each product, indicating them schematically or in the form of icons (images), including sectors of placement. Average indicators of what temperature should be in the refrigerator -2-5°C. At the same time, many modern models have “fast freezing” functions, manual calibration of modes (displayed on the display), and level control.
Important to know! The temperature in the chambers is not evenly distributed and depends on the operating conditions (frequency of opening, loading, i.e. overflow, the products themselves, etc.) With a sharp increase in t, the system automatically reduces the set values. Therefore, in such models as Side-by-Side, there are special niches that open.
Before you determine what temperature should be in the refrigerator and calculate the optimal mode, familiarize yourself with the main zones:
1. Refrigerating – this is the chamber of the refrigerator itself. Any products from drinks too fast food can be placed in it.
2. Freezer – a zone of low temperatures and long-term storage.
3. Zero temperature zone, familiar to most as the “freshness storage section”. It continuously maintains 0-+2 ° C, that is, t prevents the spread of bacteria and the formation of mold (condensation, rot). Different models have both wet and dry cooling. In the first case, it is recommended to store vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc. In the second – meat, fish, cheeses, etc.
Please also note – the shelves on the doors are the warmest places (5-10 ° C above zero). The level of cooling in them depends not only on the frequency of opening but also on the quality of insulation materials and the tightness of the fit (seal, closers). There are other nuances that are worth paying attention to when asking what is the optimal temperature in the refrigerator. They are especially necessary to consider if you have “manual control of systems”.
Is it important to what the temperature in the refrigerator and how it affects the performance of the equipment?
Incorrectly set modes certainly lead to overloads, food spoilage, or increased energy consumption. And this applies not only to excessively low but also to high temperatures. Always consider the external climatic conditions and the activity of the use of the appliance, and pay attention to the operating instructions:
– install protection against voltage surges;
– install and connect the equipment correctly;
– do not handle the devices roughly;
– do timely cleaning and maintenance.
Interesting! For example, anachronistic devices do not allow you to set temperatures independently, working in one or more modes, calibrated, at best, by a mechanical relay. In turn, advanced devices provide full access to their functionality. And if you do not know how to set the temperature in the refrigerator, you have difficulties with control or breakdowns, it is better to contact North Country Appliance Repair Company. Here you will be provided with professional advice and repair services for any equipment.
Want the best refrigerator repair in San Diego County? Give us a call! We are a leading service provider due to the excellent quality of work performed by our specialists. We use only quality parts recommended by the refrigerator manufacturer. Forget about any discomfort with our friendly and professional team. With us, you get the highest quality service and the friendliest approach. Our highly qualified staff will do everything to make you forget about any problems with your refrigerator. Now they are our problems.