There are six reasons why ice is freezing on the back wall of the refrigerator. It is possible to determine the cause even before calling a master – malfunctions manifest themselves in different ways:
- The back wall insulation is frozen.
The appliance works as usual: it pauses and starts when the temperature rises. The ice layer is formed unevenly, occupies part of the wall or protrudes in the corner.
- Lack of Freon.
Motor runs without pauses, but there is almost no effect (except an irregular layer of ice on the rear wall). Fridge often stops freezing after defrosting.
- thermostat malfunction.
The compressor does not stop, and the fridge does not defrost. A layer of ice evenly covers the back wall.
- Capillary tube is clogged.
- Solenoid valve is broken.
Too cold in the refrigerator compartment, too warm in the freezer compartment.
- Leak tightness is broken (rubber seal is worn out).
Removing ice from the rear wall of the refrigerator:
– Defrost the refrigerator. Maybe the problem will go away – electronics will restart, and the clogged capillary tube will come out.
– Replace the thermostat, solenoid valve, and door seal.
– Filling the system with freon and finding the place of the leak.
– Removal and replacement of part of the thermal insulation layer.
– Removal of partial clogging of the capillary tube.
The layer of ice on the back wall is a lot of trouble. If it’s a matter of the back wall freezing due to the insulation getting wet, the area grows over time until the ice completely covers the surface. If there is a lack of freon, broken gauges and clogs, the compressor is worn out and quickly fails. In all cases, the temperature regime is not respected – this affects the shelf life of products.
Whatever the problem, do not wait too long; call us, North Country Appliance Repair Company. If you notice them in time, many issues with the refrigerator can be solved quickly and easily. We are available all the time. You can call us or order online, and either option is available. Our technicians typically handle 95% of requests either the same day or the following day. Many satisfied customers can recommend our Refrigerator Repair in San Diego County. Our technicians will find and fix the cause quickly, and refrigerator repairs are 3-5 times cheaper than compressor replacement.
Our reliable and excellent repair service makes your life more comfortable.