How to wash soft toys in the washing machine? ” – a question from parents who are worried about the hygiene and health of their child. The favorite toy can quickly be covered by dust, what can cause allergies and other diseases.
How to correctly wash the toys without damaging them?
⠀ 1. Before putting the toy into the drum of the washing machine, you need to examine the tag, if you could not find it, then you should use the delicate mode.
⠀2. Be sure to check the toy for the presence of batteries, music units – if it is impossible to pull them out, then the product cannot be washed. ⠀
3. The presence of ball fillers is also monitored – through the seams that have come apart during washing, they can fall into the drum, which will lead to damage to the toy and breakdown of appliance.
4. Previously, toys are placed in a special net and together with it are placed in the drum of the washing machine.
5. It is better during the cycle using baby powder, shampoo or baby soap, and the number of rinses is only one.
⠀6. Highly dirty toys should be washed at 140-160 degrees.
⠀7. In order not to damage the product and keep its shape, it is better not to use spinning, just drain the water and blot the toy with a terry towel.
8. Dry knitted soft toys in a horizontal position, the rest – in a suspended state.
Account for a Shocking Amount of Water Usage At one point in time, washing machines were responsible for approximately 22% of the water usage in an average household.North Country Appliance Repair Specialist
What kind of stuffed toys cannot be machine washed:
- equipped with an electronic device that cannot be pulled out;
- have glued parts;
- decorated with sequins, beads, etc. ; ⠀
- toys which is filled with sawdust, straw, rice, cotton wool; ⠀
- very soft, delicate prone to deformation and stretching.
Now, you can not be afraid to wash your children’s favorite toys in case you adhere to the rules provided below.
Kindly note, that we service all washing machine major brands such as Bosch, Whirlpool, Maytag, Samsung, LG and many others. San Diego North Country Appliance Repair value your time and money, so we suggest you make an appointment with our technician to identify, excess and fix the problem in a timely manner.