As usual, you have loaded the laundry into the washing machine, turned on the program, and went about your other business. And when the washing time should have come to an end, you find that the washing machine hangs, full of water, with this error on the screen. At this point, you realize that you need a washing machine repair.
Siemens washer without a display indicates errors by spin lights. In particular, when error E18 lights up the second light at the bottom (400 or 600) and the first light at the top (800 or 1000). Codes E18 and F18 in Siemens washing machines mean drain error. For some reason, the machine could not drain the water.
The error can occur for one of the simple reasons, which can be eliminated very quickly:
1. The drain filter is clogged. Clean the filter regularly, if you have not done this before, it is very likely that the cause is there.
2. A clog in the sewer. A common problem with washing machines connected to the sink siphon in the kitchen or bathroom. The siphon gets clogged, which prevents water from draining the machine.
3. One-time failure of the electronic control unit. Try disconnecting the washing machine from the mains for 5 – 10 minutes, then plug back in and start draining. It is possible that there was just a malfunction of electronics, and the machine will work after its “reset”.
Faults that require Siemens washing machine repair :
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to fix E18 yourself. In half of the cases, a Siemens washing machine needs repair in San Diego. Here are the faults that cause the error.
1. Drain pump. Failed, so the washing machine does not pump out the water. Breakdown of the pump – the most common cause of this error. Replacement of the pump is required.
2. Clogging in the drainage path. Occurs in the drain nipple, filter, pump, drain hose, or the place of connection of the hose to the sewer. The technician will consistently check the drainage system, drainage hose, pump, filter, and drainage branch pipe, and locate and remove the blockage.
3. Control unit. Control board elements in the drain circuit (resistors, relays, etc.) are out of order, tracks are burned out or contacts are rotten. Diagnostics of the electronic controllers are required. According to its results master replaces defective elements, solder tracks, and contacts.
In complicated cases when the control unit can not be repaired, the master exchanges it for a new one.
4. Level sensor. Sensor jammed in “Empty tank” position. Requires repair or replacement of the sensor.
5. Damage to contacts, wiring in drain pump circuit. Over time, the wires are frayed from the vibrations of the washing machine. In private homes, they are damaged by mice. Contacts are burned or rotten. As a result, the control module does not receive a signal from the pump and writes error E18.
The wizard identifies the location of the breakage and:
– restores the wiring or completely replaces the loop with the wires entirely;
– Solders the burned contacts or changes the contact group.
Whatever the problem, do not wait too long; If you don’t know how to get rid of an error, call North Country Appliance Repair Company or book your service.
We work 24/7 and are always happy to help you. We’ll have a technician come out at your convenience to find the cause and fix the problem. Many satisfied customers can recommend our Washer Repair in San Diego County. Our reliable and excellent repair service makes your life more comfortable.