There are situations when the refrigerator does not freeze, but the compressor constantly works. Normal work of the technique is considered as switching-off off the motor each 15-20 minutes. If it works for more than an hour, it is time to sound the alarm.
We will give examples of widespread malfunctions in the refrigerator, we will tell you how to define the breakage and what signs to pay attention to.
If the fridge motor works long and noisily, the reason can be small problems. First of all, perform defrosting of the equipment within a day. The refrigerator did not start working normally. Then check:
1. Correct installation. When the refrigerator case is against a wall, radiator, or gas stove, there is not enough ventilation, and overheating occurs. The motor runs loudly and nonstop, trying to compensate for the increase in temperature. Therefore, it is important to keep a distance of 7-10 cm between the case and other objects.
2. The tightness of the chamber door closure. It is possible that the shelves of the compartment are overloaded, which does not allow the door to close properly. This may be caused by a bad seal or weak hinge fastening.
The motor cannot shut off by itself. The motor cannot turn off on its own until you turn off the mode yourself.
After checking it turned out to be all right. Then it’s a matter of breakdowns that require repair.
. The rubber band should fit tightly against the housing. If it does not, warm air penetrates into the compartment, which leads to the non-stop operation of the motor. The gasket should be cleaned or replaced.
The thermostat or temperature regulator not working properly
. Modern refrigerators are electromechanically controlled, the main module controls all processes in the system. If there is no information from the sensor to the module about the temperature in the chamber, then the board does not give the command to turn off the compressor.
Consequently, some units may not work correctly.
. Due to leakage of cooling gas, there is not enough for normal operation of the equipment. The cause of the leak is eliminated, and then the system is refilled with refrigerant.
. When the engine loses operating power, the pressure in the discharge tube does not reach the specified level, so there is no cooling.
Everyone is used to the refrigerator making a noise when the motor starts. But if there is silence, and in the compartments complete “thawing”, take up the search for the fault.
– Open the chamber door, and see if the light is on;
– if there is no light, check the wiring and cable for damage;
– if the light is on in a new refrigerator (LG), you need to check the location of the cabinet. If there is a leaky closure, warm air enters the chamber, so the motor does not start.
More serious breakdowns require diagnosis and repair:
Household electronic appliances with a built-in compressor and motor claimed to be “silent,” are still not. Modern refrigerators make 10 to 40 decibels of noise, comparable to the noise level of a loud conversation.
The reason why the refrigerator hums, most often lie in the:
– the improper setting of the operating mode;
– Excessive frost on the walls around the fan;
– Refrigerant tubing that is coming into contact with each other;
– loosening of the joints that cushion the compressor.
In other cases, there is an internal defect or breakdown. The unequivocal answer to the question of why the fridge started to run repeatedly or make a loud noise and what to do about it can only be given by a qualified expert.
Do you want the best Refrigerator Repair in San Diego County? Call us! We are a leading service provider thanks to the excellent quality of work, that our specialists provide. We use only high-quality parts, recommended by the refrigerator producer. Forget about any discomfort, with our friendly and professional team. With us, you get the highest quality service and the friendliest approach. Our highly qualified workers will do everything to make you forget about any problems with your refrigerator. Now, those are our issues.