When we buy a new refrigerator with a built-in ice maker. We expect the ice maker to operate properly and always produce ice, so we can get some ice on request without thinking that at some point it might break and stop making ice. Thus, a refrigerated icemaker that does not produce ice is quite an annoying problem.
Below, we would like to pay your attention to causes and troubleshooting your ice maker to get that machine up and working again.
- Check water connection. If you notice a decrease in ice making performance (or the function has stopped), check the water connection to the refrigerator. They differ depending on the model. To find out where these connectors are located, check the Operating Instructions supplied with your device. Make sure they are connected properly and not clogged.
- Make sure the ice maker is full. If you have a refrigerator without running water, you will need to manually add water to the ice maker. Check the water tank and refill in case it’s empty.
- Check if the ice maker is clogged. The holes in the ice maker may be blocked. If ice does not come out of the ice maker, check the hoses connected to the ice dispenser for debris.
- Make sure the ice maker is turned on.
The ice maker in the refrigerator can be turned off. Make sure it works and turn it on if necessary.
- Make sure the water tank is full. Make sure the water tank in the refrigerator is full. A problem with the formation of ice in the refrigerator can be caused by a problem with the water supply.
- Do not open the freezer door too often or for too long. To produce the required amount of ice, the refrigerator must have a certain temperature of air. If the freezer door is opened too often or left open for a long time, warm air entering the appliance will increase the temperature of the air inside the appliance. This can slow down the ice making process.
When did refrigerators get ice makers?
By the 1950s, a company called “Servel” was making a refrigerator that had an ice maker built into the freezer portion.
In 1965, Frigidaire introduced a model with the machine built right into the door, a feature that is now commonplace in fridges around the world.North Country Appliance Repair experts
If you’ve checked for the obvious culprits and it’s still not working, its time to schedule refrigerator ice maker repair. Oceanside Appliance Repair has expertly trained and certified technicians to perform ice maker and other types of refrigerator maintenance and repairs. We are offering not only high-quality local appliance repair services, but a range of other options that seems so attractive to our clients: fair prices, guarantee on the performed work, friendly and attentive service, efficiency.